Saturday, September 26, 2009

Peace & Birthday Blessings!



September 25th, 1963
.


My sister B.

The best gift I was ever given.


Love of my life.

Keeper of my secrets and dreams.

A mirror of me in every way.


Is wisdom personified.

Guardian of my spirit.

Light in my darkness.


Remembers to include me in all things.

Can make me feel better just by the sound of her voice.

Is everything I still wish I could be.


Protector from harm, ugliness, and unkindness.

Reminds me that bliss, happiness, and joy are a choice.

My history teacher and reminder.


If God had allowed me to choose the sister that I wanted to have in life,

my sister B would, without pause or question, be MY choice!

Happy Birthday my "little" sister!

Saying I Love you doesn't even touch the surface!

3 comments:

Cheela said...

I agree, having a sister is the best!!

Unknown said...

There is definitely something about that special bond between sisters. I have one sister, and she will always be my best friend. I love her so dearly. We've always gotten along, and she's always accepted me for being just a little different. haha She is a light in my life, and I can't imagine a life without her. Happy Belated Birthday to your sister. :)

Martha said...

Norma, your beautiful tribute to your sister brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart.