Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday Chica!

"She is the best friend that has an endless depth of honesty. Her abounding level of forgiveness, I never need challenge. She exemplifies my certain way of being on this beautiful planet.

She is the best friend that shares in the unspoken and understanding of commitment. She has accepted me with all my unlimited amount of baggage. It is her power of healing that keeps me valid and of self worth.

She can sense the presence of dark storm clouds moving in over my head. It is the extending of her precious and most peaceful hands that can carry me back home.

She can fulfill me beyond my own fulfillment. She always brings such cool refreshment to my body and to my spirit.

She is part of the cycle of true friendship that truly provides me as a worth while discovery to begin.

Best friends can be of a small few or they can be of many but, it is she and her simpleness of her intensity of love and prayer, that has been a constant in my life and I am humbly blessed."

This was taken from a page in a "Girlfriends" slumber party booklet, that Carol, Char, and I put together, as a token of remembering the night of us all being girlfriends and what they mean to me. I had discovered this passage somewhere that escapes me now. I know that it has stuck with me ever since. I love the arrangement of the words written and how they still make my heart beat.

My Carol is a gift to me. I really do not believe that I have been worthy enough, valid enough, have given to others enough, been sinless enough, prayed enough, or anything else, to not be questioning her existence in my life/heart or especially as to why she stays.

I believed I had lost her so long ago for reasons that I am still uneven about. Yet, with kindness and strength, she endures my insecurity. I have adored her since the time I saw her smile and heard her infectious laugh. Her sense of humor is beyond compare. She has shown me what true "love of family" is. I know she disagrees.

Happy Birthday Chica...Ya-ya.....Carolyn......Carol.......I adore you....I love you like a crazy women......I am so grateful to God that I sat at an outside table, in the front of Starbucks one beautiful afternoon. Waiting on my Ruthie and looking out across the way, an empty parking space becomes filled with a maroon Tahoe. I spy this familiar and beautiful face again. Do I trust that it is you? Again, gratefulness washes over me and I embrace the friend I thought I had lost and I engage your heart to be intertwined with mine.

N-Peace

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

You have me in tears...
I've just hung up from you...
Norma, what I did to ever deserve your friendship and love...the love of our fellow ya-ya's Ruthie and Barbara.... that I will never know. Thank you for loving me when I couldn't even love myself. Thank you for holding my heart when it was broken. Thank you for staying with me when I tried to push you...and Ruthie...away. Thank you for loving me through my faults. Thank you. For you. For your love. I adore you....and believe me when I say... I will never swim over to the other side of the pond again. I swim with you...forever.
Love, Carol