Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratefulness in it's wonderment!

Thanksgiving
A holiday that invokes wonderful memories for me. Just as I am sure it does for everyone that was allowed the privilege of having a meal set before them. All made with love and with care by our Mothers and Grandmothers. The daughters (and some sons too) learning while watching how the dough feels between their hands to know when it is right for baking of the pies. Homemade recipes handed down to each generation. The learning of the family prayer that is only said, with hands joined as a chain, at the table dressed in orange and rust hues. A cornucopia that was a school project as their centerpiece. Relatives that make us smile with richness from their love and appreciation of what they have.
I am so grateful for so much in my life. I have been blessed more times than I believe me to be worthy. I know that I first am so grateful to God and what I have been allowed to receive. The love of a man that has knocked my socks off since the day I spied him painting a store front window. For my two sons that have shown me more in what "IS" important than what should be. For my extended family that has had struggles that have made them into heroes for me, to admire and strive to be like in most ways. For my sister Barbara, whom I have adored since the day my parents brought her home. I really believed that she WAS for me! No women has walked her life road in the manner as she. I am always amazed with her. She is another part of my existence. For my Ruthie and my Carol. I love them with a power that is truly spiritual. As I love my soul mate Jay, I cannot imagine my life without them in it. I am so grateful for the time I have on this earth. For the wellness to be able to learn and find interest. To love nature. To love my Jeep Wrangler. To be able to listen to music that makes me want to dance all around. To my friend Martha and her coming to terms with her cancer and the fight that is ahead of her. She is a hero to me. To my daughter-in-law and the struggle she battles everyday to love herself. I am so grateful to be able to love and give to others even when they don't want anything.
I am peaceful today. I am grateful for Peace today. I wish you all the Happiest of Thanksgivings and may you enjoy your families and friends in abundance.
N-Peace.

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

This is, and has been for I don't know how long, my favorite holiday. You are so right...so much to be thankful and grateful for. I'm wishing you the best of Thanksgiving's ever, dear ya-ya, for you, your beautiful family and all that is in your sweet world! I love you!!!
xoxo
VB