Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Peace in the English Garden

An English Garden is peaceful and sweet don't you think?

My Chica C, upon dropping me off one afternoon, after a trip up to Bath & Body Works for their annual Mega-Sale of sale, says to me while she is pulling away, "N, you should take photo's of your English garden and do a blog about it." "Really, you think I should?" I reply. "Oh, absolutely!", she responds in a sing-like voice.

Okay. I think I can manage this one.

A dear girlfriend of mine, whom I no longer get to see or we are apart of each other anymore, made this livable home for our feathered friends. She had a way with the folk and of the rustic creations and I admit, I have many many of her pieces scattered throughout my home inside and out! She had a gift with her creations and I miss that of her also.

So here we be, or as it should be, so here we "bee". All the Bumble and Carpenter bee's (and even a few B-I-G black bee's) have buzzed and weaved throughout each and every blossom that has sprung. Oh, and the butterfly's that have visited here! The have fluttered and settled on my arms and my cheek once and awhile when, weeding the little bed of earth and life. They frolic and dance to the song of the breezes or of my breath.

These tall and regal rose bushes were given to me as a Mother's Day gift a few years back by the loves-of-my-life sons. I always wanted a rose bush. I would spy them in neighborhoods and in our friends yards and just dream and drool over them. The colors ranging from one end of the color spectrum to the other. Rich-love-red being my favorite. I really have never been one to "like" the cut version of the traditional red roses bouquet. Yet, growing in a garden just takes my breath away. Royal and of elegance. Yes, my favorite indeed.


My little English garden plot, has little growing in her as of the moment. I usually keep her sparse in the summer months. So much of our God plantings wilt and parish in our hot hot Arizona sunshine. I had French lavender that I was going to plant around the base of Chateau le Peace (the birdhouse I named). To help the bee's create Lavender honey for sure! The flats of 8 planets sitting around Chateau le Peace, in the late afternoon after I had purchased them. Spending time and ones creativity, to see how I wanted them to be rooted and for each of them to call home. I return with trowel in hand come the early morning hours to find, that someone or of the beasties have taken them, palette and all! I have not gotten the courage back to have more lavender again in my garden. It is obvious that someone else or the beasties are in need of them more than I.

I will wait till September again and find all the joys to come and reside in my garden. Pansies with their faces that smile at you each day. Larkspur and their reaching for the heavens in waves of colors. Daisies that just make you want to make chains of them and wear as a crown. Vincas and how their small and precious petals can bring such bliss. Sweet peas that say it all in their name. Bachelor buttons and their distinct round perfectness. Majestic sunflowers that stand behind the roses. Their color transpires to a jumble of happiness. And of course there are a plethora of others that I could name again and again. These are just my favorites.


Thanks Chica! I am thinking that my English Garden was a great post. Let's hope that others that visit agree.

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE your post about your sweet garden plot!!! What a kick that the carpenter beetles frolic in and out of Chateau le Peace!! Drats to the beasties that absconded with the lavendar...I swear it wasn't me!! 0: ) Thank you so much for the visit and pictures!! I want to happy dance through your English Garden with you wearing daisy-chain crowns! : ))
xoxo
Chica C

Martha said...

OMG! I love all the changes! It's great! I have to get to work on mine, now. You've inspired me. I love your garden post, but am truly touched by your letter to Barbara. Those of us lucky enough to have such wonderful sisters are among the most blessed. I also love your music. I think I'm going to have to visit iTunes soon. Love you, Norma, and so glad you are part of my life!