Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peace in the Mirror.


"Your friend is the field where you sow with love and harvest with gratitude.

They are your home, your table. Even when they are silent, two hearts continue to talk to one another. When you leave them, do not suffer, for you will see the importance of your friendship all the better because of this absence. Just as a mountain climber sees the landscape around him better, than when he is far from the plains.

May you be able to share with your friends all that is good and pure of heart. Let them know and share not only all your joys but, of your immense sorrows too. Know that a friend is not by your side to help kill time. It is to enjoy this life in all it's fulfillments."
by, Kahil Gibran.

I was sent this by a friend that is so far from to be able to hug her for this. I wanted to acknowledge it in a huge way. I think this just about does it!

I find it beautiful and pure.

4 comments:

Cheela said...

Kahil Gibran is my favorite!!! I love his wisdom. This is an awesome post..... It is beautiful and pure!

Unknown said...

Very nice post. I am always so inspired by your blog. :)

Carol Dunton said...

...simply beautiful, Chica...

Martha said...

Norma, you have sown a lot of love in my heart. I am happy I am able to call you my friend!